Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Experience with After Death Communications (ADCs)

My world was shattered when my boyfriend of 15-1/2 years passed away unexpectedly on June 11, 2014. Life as I knew it was forever changed and I knew my life would never be the same again without him. I didn't just lose my boyfriend, my lover, my best friend that day, I lost half of myself as well.

Chris and I had an almost psychic connection throughout our relationship. We would often finish each other's sentences. Oftentimes, one of us would say something and the other would follow with "I was just going to say that" or "I was just thinking the same thing." So many times I would pick up the phone to call him and, for some reason, the phone would ring, it would sound as if someone picked up the phone but then the line would get disconnected. After several attempts of this, I would finally get through to him and say, "What's wrong with your phone? I've been trying to call you for five minutes." To which he would respond, "What's wrong with YOUR phone? I've been trying to call you." Little did we both realize that we were both trying to call each other at the exact same time causing the phone wires to get crossed. This happened several times over the course of our relationship. Or I would pick up the phone to call him and it would ring as he was calling me. We were connected in a way I've never felt connected to anyone else ever.

Here is my experience with ADCs.

Chris was visiting his family in Lombard, Illinois at the time of his passing so we weren't even together at that time. I had to fly to Lombard (Chicago) for the funeral. In the early morning hours upon my return, I was sitting at the foot of my bed feeling lonely and missing him. I glanced over to the night table where Chris used to toss his change after he emptied his pockets before bed. Sitting there were four pennies that weren't there before. And I know there was nothing there before because I had taken  the change that he had left there and put it in my car ashtray where we used to keep spare change. Where did the pennies come from? A few days later, I went to plug in my cell phone charger, again, next to Chris' night table and, as I plugged in the phone, glanced down and saw another three pennies on the floor. Again, they weren't there before so where had they come from?

I had always heard the story "pennies from heaven," but never experienced it firsthand before now. The story goes that when an angel (loved one) misses you, they toss a penny down to comfort you and tell you they're okay and that they miss you, too.

Since that time, I had found a total of 18 pennies--there are more now as I continue to find pennies from heaven--in different areas of my home that I know weren't there before. Most have been in different areas of the bedroom--on his night table or the floor beside, on the floor next to my night table, or on the floor right under where Chris used to keep his guitar. Recently, I found a penny on the floor in the living room next to the carpet where I know none was there before as I had just swept and mopped the entire floor a couple hours before.

I've also found two feathers, both in my room, at different times of the day. Feathers are another common ADC.

Another incident was when I was taking my dog, Niko, for his last walk of the night-- this was around 1 o'clock in the morning--when I came upon this beautiful monarch butterfly in the middle of the street. It was hopping on the street and looked as if it was having problems flying. I didn't want it to get stepped on so I gently put my hand down.  It crawled up my hand and, as I was walking to put it on a tree branch, it crawled about halfway up my arm. As I tried to set it down, suddenly, it took off into the sky, hovered a moment, and then disappeared into the night. I can't remember the last time I had seen a butterfly at night.

There are many links with butterflies in mythology from all over the world, many of which, in particular Greek mythology, link butterflies to the human soul. The Ancient Greeks also considered butterflies as the souls of those who had passed away. Butterflies are a common type of ADC or after-death communication. 

One morning, on my way home after taking my son to school, I was thinking about    Chris and talking to him when, suddenly, I looked up in the sky and saw two rainbows. It wasn't even raining. It didn't look like a double rainbow, but rather, two rainbows next to each other. Again, it has been said that if you're thinking about a loved one and suddenly see a rainbow in the sky, it is an angel confirming their presence to you, especially if it's not raining.

I've also heard that hearing a song or lyric on the radio using words that help, reassure or confirm something for you is never a coincidence, but the work of angels attempting to clarify or ease a situation for you. I've had a similar situation here, too.

Since Chris' passing, I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to the music I normally like to listen to. Music used to be my happy place and, frankly, I'm just not ready to be as happy as music always made me feel. I've just recently started listening a little to a Christian music station more for comfort than anything else. But this particular morning, this time while taking my son to school, my son asked if he could change the radio station from my Christian station. I told him okay but just keep it low. He put on a station I used to listen to but haven't lately and the next song that came on was "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men. Now, I had always liked this song, but when you've actually lost the love of your life, it takes on an entirely different meaning.     I broke down and started crying as every single line of that song spoke to me personally. It expressed everything I was feeling and had been feeling for months.

"Sorry, I never told you, all I wanted to say and now it's too late to hold you 'cause you've flown away, so far away…"

"Never had I imagined living without your smile. Feelin' and knowing you hear me, it keeps me alive…"

"And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven, like so many friends we've lost along the way and I know eventually we'll be together, one sweet day, eventually I'll see you in Heaven…"

This next line really got me…

"Darling, I never showed you, assumed you'd always be there. I took your presence for granted, but I always card and I miss the love we shared…"

It hurts so much because I know I did take him for granted and he took me for granted because we assumed we'd always be there for each other in the end.

Finally, it is said that angels and deceased loved ones will often come to us while we sleep in times we are most relaxed and receptive. These dreams tend to be more vivid than ordinary dreams and remain in your mind much fresher. I have had two such dreams about Chris since his passing. In both, we were in a place I don’t remember ever being and we were sitting and having a real conversation. I can remember what we said to each other. He was very vivid in my dream. I could see him clearly, touch him, hear him. I know in my heart it wasn't an ordinary dream but Chris coming to me to let me know he's with me and he misses me and he's okay.

I've also felt a constant presence like he's always with me. Sometimes I hear a noise and it sounds like someone's behind me. I'll turn around assuming it's my son sneaking up on me but nobody is there. Chris used to always sneak up on me and stand behind me while I was working and then would scare me either by touching me or when I turned around and didn't expect to see him there.

I have always been very spiritual and believed in angels but never had I experienced some of the signs that I have since my beloved passed away. I know it is him telling me that he misses me and he's with me and trying to comfort me by letting me know that he's okay. It makes me feel better to know he's with me, but I still wish he were physically here with me. 



Have any of you ever experienced any kind of after-death communication from your loved one? I'd love to hear your story. Please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment